Sunday, January 16, 2005

Awesome poem and more

In my lonely keep-to-myself times,
Hear my sighs, Lord,
For I am tired of going unnoticed and unloved.
In my my fearful I've-been-hurt-before times,
Hear my anxiety, Lord,
For I'm scared to stick my neck out again.
In my grieving words-can't-express-the-hurt times,
Hear my tears, Lord,
For I don't know if I can face tomorrow.
In my angry leave-me-alone times,
Hear my grinding teeth, Lord.
For I'm so blasted mad I could scream!
In my worried knot-in-the-gut times,
Hear my wrinkled brow, Lord,
For I'm burdened today with yesterday and tomorrow.
In my hectic hit-and-run times,
Hear my pounding feet, Lord,
For I'm running late instead of running to you.
In my searching I-don't-understand times,
Hear my shrugging shoulders, Lord,
For I struggle with the whys and hows of life.
In my troubled I've-done-it-now times,
Hear my beating heart, Lord,
For I feel the weight of having failed-again.
In my anxious I-need-action-now times,
Hear my tension, Lord.
For I'm tired of smashing into doors.

-Magazine cutouts-
So we all fit
You can change the world
Be proud
Fulfill yourself
unstoppable
I choose to be smart and capable
Your friend, therapist, advisor (God)
The power of being yourself

All the above Valerie put in a diary she got me for our birthday

I'm REALLY frusterated because this is the fourth time I've written this!

going to relax, Sally

3 comments:

Sally said...

I meant 'me' not 'my'
My DUMB computer!

Annie said...

It's ok, Sally, since it's your blog, it allows you to go back and edit your posts. You can just change it ;)

Bonnie said...

Yay! Annie is Sally's blog coach! Lead her on the truth path my friend . . . on the true path . . . and now this is sounding weird . . . so I am going to stop . . . I loved those poems, Sally. :)