Wednesday, February 22, 2006

And the news gets better. . .

Interject sarcasm.
This evening-like an hour and a halfish ago I listened to a message from Dr. Vlcek's receptionist that stated no driving for 6 months. Not really unexpected, but still sad. Just before that I talked to my boss (Roberta) who I called on Sunday so she could take my shift on Monday and not expect me on Tuesday, called my back. She said that she'd talked with her boss Shelly and they agreed that I need Dr. Vlcek to sign a paper to say that I can work by myself again. Roberta also said that she won't be telling the moms about my seizure. Does anyone else see a problem? So if you went into the future and you left your kids in a daycare while you worked (you too Margaret-I have a bet to win), you'd want to know if the employee taking care of your kids had had a seizure recently right? Of course. That's a no duh. So tomorrow I'm calling both Shelly and Roberta. I know the Chalet can't fire me, but if I can't work the hours Roberta needs me because the moms don't want me working alone with their kids, which is understandable- I'll quit so she can find someone else who can work the hours.
Just so everybody knows: no sad faces etc etc 'cause although I'm sad and this sucks majorly, it's all for my good. Okay so it isn't convincing quite yet. . . it will be. . . evenually:)
If you look on the upside I won't be wasting money on gas and maybe there will be interesting people on the Yakima bus. I've only ridden the bus in Yakima once to Kid's Castle this past summer with the kids at work and Roberta. It was actually kind of fun. Plus I could get a pass for the 6 months.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Sally Sally.....hmm. Well, not working does stink, but you will have a lot more time to hang out with one of your favorite persons: me, of course ;) I'll be working a mid-day shift this coming quarter, so you can spend your free nights partying with me and Cherize! Yep, it sounds like a perfect plan to me :D:D:D:D

Madame Chastagner said...

There ARE interesting people who ride the bus... a little too interesting at some points... not working does stink, but Annie is right about one thing- more time for friends! =D

Anonymous said...

Sally Sunshine! (You are probably too old now to appreciate that name). I like your positive and matter-of-fact outlook. I like your honesty too. You're good stuff.