Friday, April 08, 2005

Happy News! (Sorta)

I was going to post yesterday but my computer kept saying the server couldn't be found. (Very annoying)

Anyway, onto the happy news. Yesterday I had an interview with Judy Jacobson for a summer job at Best SELF which is a summer camp/school for under privileged kids. I didn't get the job, but I'm numero uno on the back up list and someone almost always backs out at the last minute. She said I'd be an assest to the team! So now I have to get all my cards renewed. (CPR, first aid, blood borne pathogens and a TB shot.) I REALLY want this job! I'd get 8 bucks an hour! (My job last summer I only got 5 bucks.) Plus I love working with these kind of kids. It'll be just like Orcas except I'll get payed! And I'm thinking of going into social work, so. . . can you say good experience? And it'll be fun!

Update on the contiuing saga of the seizures: I only had one yesterday and none today, so. . . keep your fingers crossed! (I REALLY hate not being able to drive! I LOVE the freedom of driving! I haven't driven in a week and a half! I'm driving deprived, can you tell?)

Pops Concert is in two, count 'em two weeks! I'm sooo super excited! All the high schoolers plus Julie, Megan & myself are singing a song from some musical. (I forget just which one) and it'll be fun. It's called Marry the Man Today and Change His Ways Tomorrow. That's pretty dang funny! Plus we're doing a song by the Von Trapp family and I get to wear curtins which'll be very hot, but fun 'cause I don't believe I've ever worn curtins before. I need a 60's costume and a NY costume now. I think for 60s I'll wear. . . what will I wear? Humm. For NY I think we have a costume for a garbage woman. Or I'll see what else we have. That'll be half the fun! Anna and Cherize are coming! I got you guys front row seats facing me actually. (Two years ago I was an alto so you wouldn't have been facing me.)

Have a good weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Sally, when I read this blog, I laughed because it sounds like you're saying your outfit is hot. I laugh only because that's not something you'd normally say ;)

Sally said...

I knew your mind would jump to that thought as I wrote it! (Or if not you someone else, but you're the most likely candidate.)

Annie said...

It's so nice that you write for my enjoyment, Sally. :) What a kind and thoughtful person you are.

Bonnie said...

~Crosses finger~ I love ya, chica.